Welcome to ScapeCrunch

We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.

IAPLC 2026 Rankings

JayP

Valuable Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2025
Messages
1,914
Reaction score
3,368
Location
Raymore, MO United States
Anybody else stay up late to watch the IAPLC rankings. As usual, my choices would have been different. Some scapes ranked in the 40s got picked by some judges as the best, so at least I'm not alone in that. Highest ranking by a U.S. contestant was Ryan Noel at, I believe, 31. Congrats to Ryan.
 
I feel like rank 9 could of scored higher if his front row of plants was more randomized.
I had to look at that tank twice and read the title, which was off my screen when I first saw it. I couldn't understand why there was so much red in the foreground when I first saw it, as it didn't look like the foreground belonged in the same scape, but then realized the point was to pull the eye down 'beneath the lake'. I thought this layout was quite clever, and agree the lack of randomness in the lake diminished the overall natural impression.
 
So many amazing scapes, it’s a lot to dig into at once.

First quick click through loving #7 out of top 10. The Lilly is awesome and maybe to perfectly shaped but is a great effect.

#44 I think, simple, bold round stone layout.

#107 Super cool almost fish eye effect with the hardscape.
 
This year there are fewer tanks in the top 20 that I truly dislike. That's unusual.
I haven't had a chance to look through many.
I'm more old school and prefer a little less over stuffed and clearer lines.
I really like 13 and 14.
Just not a fan of 3 and 4
9 honestly.... while it doesn't have the clear lines and flow I usually like, it's undeniably brilliant, has made me think the most, and is the one I've looked at the longest.
 
I feel like rank 9 could of scored higher if his front row of plants was more randomized. it kinda teetered on the edge of being like a fruit stand.
I think it's supposed to look like the over grown edge of a pond, but I think you're right. Despite what the effect is supposed to achieve, the rules and flow of nature scapes don't care about artistic statement as much.
 
I am a fan of 44. I also really like 20, 17, and 10. I thought it was sad that someone used AI and that their disqualification didn’t open up a spot for someone else.
 

Top 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top