We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.
You can have too many species of plant in a NA tank though... I probably need to remove more from my tank still or just remove the hardscape and join team garden/farm tank.
Hello all. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 120P tank. I’ve iterated on several aspects over time. I started with a full set of stems behind the wall of hardscape and eventually replaced those with some slower growing plants including multiple types of Val and blyxa from burr aqua. Over time I also added many little pieces of Anubias and Buce and have enjoyed that - but the heart and soul of the scape is the Java fern and the star of the show from a plant perspective is the red lotus. From a livestock perspective, I ignored most of the advice and went with a full up community tank. And I love it. The boesemani rainbows and pearl gouramis are thriving and peacefully coexist with their smaller friends. I also very much enjoy the bamboo shrimp. I replaced the original finer grain WIO riverbed sand with ADA Colorado sand and haven’t had any problems with the sand since then. I replace it every 3-4 months. I experimented with growing various plants in the sand with mixed success. One day I had a large pile of bigger leaf Anubias and needed a place to store it so I dropped it into the 120P. It ended up settling into various places. It seemed to be doing ok so I left it and realized the creatures absolutely loved it there. So it remains. I also learned that if I left those and fed with zucchini, or green beans, or repashy, my bottom feeders (Cory’s, plecos, loaches, garras) spent way more time in the visible space allowing me to enjoy them. I’m also enjoying the houseplants growing out of the tank.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.