Welcome to ScapeCrunch

We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.

Sreepadma Aqua Flora

JayP 434

Valuable Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2025
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
3,320
Location
Raymore, MO United States
Browsed the Sreepadma booth at Aquashella briefly today. I'd not heard of them but they are the largest aquatic plant farm in India and have been selling their TC offerings in the US for about 2 years. I was actually impressed with the qualty I was seeing of their TC cups and wish I had room in a tank for some (and some ADA TC). Has anyone else purchased any of their plants. One of the first that I spotted was Red Tiger Crypt which was a coincidence since we have a thread discussing it.
 
I don’t think they’ve been on here in a hot minute, but Cherries Nature Aquarium was selling the Sreepadma line.
That's actually who was running the booth.
 
I actually thought that Crypt was theirs, but I couldn't find a good enough pic to support my assumption.
I bought their E quinguangulare twice. Once from Cherries and once from my LFS. Both times the cups were in great shape. Might have bought something else too, but I forgot. My LFS told me they had a salesman come buy, and they were trying some. I told them it was great they had something that wasn't the every day basic tc. I haven't been back to see if they got more. This was months ago. They aren't close, and I haven't done much with my tank since I got plants from Joe. I hope to get the E quing again soon. I fried mine by mistake.
 
Yup! Allen Ortega (owner of Cherries NA) is from Milwaukee and well known here! He carries Sreepadma, WeekAqua and 2 Hr Aquarist stuff.
I bought some tissue cultures from him when I was starting out and messed them up. Should revisit him soon!
See, the crowd had me flustered. I didn't even realize the booth I saw the Sreepadma stuff was the same booth I saw 2hr Aquarist and Week Aqua stuff. LOL!
 
Browsed the Sreepadma booth at Aquashella briefly today. I'd not heard of them but they are the largest aquatic plant farm in India and have been selling their TC offerings in the US for about 2 years. I was actually impressed with the qualty I was seeing of their TC cups and wish I had room in a tank for some (and some ADA TC). Has anyone else purchased any of their plants. One of the first that I spotted was Red Tiger Crypt which was a coincidence since we have a thread discussing it.
Been in the hobby for 3 years & have never bought anything ( except 2 times) from any one apart from sreepadma , all the plants you see in theese tanks are all Sreepadma Plants
Tho in the US they might only be going with TC cups as I dont think you can ship live plants from India to US ( on 2nd thots why not, I mean fish are shipped across the world aren't they?)
Also I have noticed some of the v v popular US sellers use TC cups that look exactly the same as sreepadma cups , so maybe there is something there
look at the back right corner of the bigger tank , I think this is Crypt spiralis red ( red tiger cryp) , currently it is around 2 ft tall
 

Attachments

  • IMG 01 (1).webp
    IMG 01 (1).webp
    161.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG 01 (2).webp
    IMG 01 (2).webp
    129.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG 01 (3).webp
    IMG 01 (3).webp
    199.7 KB · Views: 4

Top 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top